21 and older
To fully participate in this electronic, interactive and live session, please check your system (or ask your IT department) to ensure it meets the following requirements:
Supported OS, Browser and Additional Requirements
* Official support for the "latest" version of a newly released browser, among those noted above, will be added within 8 weeks of public release. Until then, the previous version will continue to be supported instead.
- Windows 7+ (Microsoft Edge, Latest Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome)
- Apple Mac OS 10.9+ (*Latest Firefox, Safari, or Chrome)
- Ubuntu Linux (Firefox only)
- Android 4.x (Chrome Browser Only)
- Apple iOs (*Latest version, Safari Browser Only)
If you are using an unsupported version of a Windows, Mac, or Linux operating system, you may experience difficulty in viewing and/or listening to the event.
Test Your Computer
The audio portion of this AMA web event will be delivered directly through your computer’s speakers or attached headphones. To fully participate in this electronic, interactive, live session, please test your system and review the requirements (or ask your IT department) before the program begins.
Important tip - Please allow 15 minutes prior to joining a session to conduct your set-up and testing!
- Minimum bandwidth requirement is 512 kbps for meeting attendees
- POP-UP Blockers must be turned off to access the program.
AMA's Live Online Seminars are live, interactive, instructor-led courses that are completely user-friendly and accessible from your office or home PC. They’re the perfect time-saving alternative when you want training but can’t get away from the office.
You'll be able to speak to and/or electronically communicate with the instructor's and other attendees. You can also share files, view the instructors desktop, ask questions, tell the instructor to speak louder, softer, slow down, etc. (through simple icons). You'll see what your instructor is writing, view and hear questions and comments from other attendees, and be able to work in subgroups. A headset is required for optimal communication throughout the Live Online Seminar.
A member of AMA's expert faculty of business professionals will lead your seminar. Beyond our course leaders’ experience in business training, they are specially trained to present AMA's high-quality content in an engaging, live online format.
We want you to feel completely comfortable and ready to go, so we’ll email you before your scheduled seminar and give you all the information you need about the simple set-up process.
Get a complete financial education in just four days. . .and be prepared to make more powerful, informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level, this comprehensive program covers all the principles of corporate finance.
Through the effective use of actual case studies and annual reports of major U.S. public companies, you’ll come away better equipped to speak and interact intelligently with finance colleagues…make more informed business decisions...analyze financial statements with new clarity...know the workings of the financial markets…and understand that the core purpose of your firm is to increase shareholder value.
Who Should Attend
Experienced managers, general managers, directors, vice presidents and top executives in sales, marketing, production and manufacturing...as well as those in managerial positions (and up) throughout the organization who need a background in the principles of corporate finance.
Note: You'll need a calculator for this seminar.
What You will cover
- Accounting essentials: booking transactions…cash and accrual methods…assets, liabilities and capital
- Reading annual reports: reading and understanding financial statements...SEC requirements...forms and meanings of the Auditor's Opinion...the importance of footnotes in financial statements
- Seeing your firm from a finance perspective: the organization as an investment tool...classes of investors...WACC and EVA...the importance of cash and flow timing...leverage and risk
- Evaluating financial statements: computing financial ratios to assess liquidity, profitability, leverage and risk...the DuPont formula...merits and pitfalls of financial ratios
- Operational budgeting: constructing and using budgets...avoiding pitfalls...budgeting techniques, variances and hierarchies
- Time value of money: computing time value for money and applying the mathematics of compound interest and present value
- Capital budgeting: preparing and using capital budgets...applying time value of money...using various mathematical techniques
- How financial markets value a business: value models and financial concepts to enhance shareholder value
- Cost analysis, profit planning and exposures to volume/price risks: categorizing costs to make better decisions...determining break-even levels of quantity, price and cost...understanding "operating leverage"
How will you Benefit
- Become grounded in all the principles of corporate finance
- Reduce the risk of financial errors in managerial decision making
- Learn how accounting and bookkeeping work
- Discover the ins and outs of financial statements and what can and cannot be learned from them
- Understand how budgeting fits into the world of accounting and the primacy of cash flow
- Gain greater insight into all the principles of corporate finance, including interest and ROI
- Find out how a firm allocates its funds to investment opportunities
- Gain the skills that will help you make the right buy/lease decisions
- Learn how to take advantage of cash discounts offered by vendors
- Make more profitable sales by understanding fixed vs. variable costs
- Monitor operating results to achieve long-term financial goals
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.