Wed, Nov 17, 6:00pm - Nov 18, 8:00pm Pacific Time (2 sessions)
You will need a reliable Internet connection as well as a computer or device with which you can access your virtual class. We recommend you arrive to class 5-10 minutes early to ensure you're able to set up your device and connection.
This class will be held via Zoom unless otherwise specified.
For emerging and established artists who want to advance their careers through fellowships and residency opportunities, this class will give artists the knowledge and tools to create a complete artist proposal package that will also be useful in many aspects of their career. We will go over the details of the package and engage in a meaningful conversation about how to write an artist statement and artist proposed project statement.
• Review workshop topics in a specifically designed Workshop Manual
• Study the elements of a complete proposal package including CV/resume, bio, artist statement, work samples, and budget
• Engage in a discussion about how to set artistic goals and create project plans for proposal packages
• Engage in a discussion about how to write an interesting and effective artist statement for proposal packages
• Study sample Artist Fellowship and Residency Application(s)
• Learn how proposal package elements can also advance opportunities for exhibition and publication
Participants will receive:
• A to Z Artist Workshop Manual
• Links to regional, state, national and international artist grants, fellowships, and residencies
• Sample Artist Fellowship Proposal Package
This course is available for "remote" learning and will be available to anyone with access to an internet device with a microphone (this includes most models of computers, tablets). Classes will take place with a "Live" instructor at the date/times listed below.
Upon registration, the instructor will send along additional information about how to log-on and participate in the class.
Still have questions? Ask the community.
The Los Angeles Center of Photography (LACP), a 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization, is a photo center devoted to advancing the skills and increasing the personal enrichment of photographers of all experience levels and ages. The organization offers nearly 150 photography classes and workshops...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified Online educator.
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.