at Computer Training Source, Inc. - Schaumburg
You will learn to draw shapes, manipulate paths, and use color. This class also covers grouping content, basic typography, object stacking order, layers, print considerations, and exporting your work for both print and web.
Lesson 1: Getting started
• Design Principles, Elements and Graphic Composition
• Raster vs. Vector Graphics
• Navigating & Customizing the Illustrator Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Documents containing Basic Shapes
• Creating and Saving a Document
• Drawing Basic Shapes
Lesson 3: Working with Paths
• Drawing and Modifying Paths
Lesson 4: Creating Graphics containing Customized Text
• Inserting Text
• Flowing Text Along a Path
• Bounded and Threaded Text
• Text Styles
• Typographical Characters
Lesson 5: Customizing Objects
• Import, Link, and Place Graphics
• Transforming and Aligning Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing Basic Shapes
• Fills and Strokes
• Graphic Styles
• Text Distortion
Lesson 7: Preparing Documents
• Update, Wrap, and Hyphenate Text
• Optimize content for Print, Web, and PDF
Still have questions? Ask the community.
Booking for more than 6+?
See more dates and classes for private groups
Get quick answers from CourseHorse and past students.
Since 1991 Computer Training Source, Inc. has offered computer software training classes for business and individuals. We have multiple convenient training centers in Chicago Illinois.
Training can be held at our training centers or at your location. We offer regularly scheduled classes as well as private...
This school has been carefully vetted by CourseHorse and is a verified Chicago educator.
Know someone who would like this class but not sure of their schedule? (We recommend this!)
Know their schedule better than your own? Book a date and time directly.
Get special date and rate options for your group. Submit the form below and we'll get back to you within 2 business hours with pricing and availability.